"WHY THANK YOU, I MADE IT MYSELF!"
Turn heads in an elegant handmade dress, perfect for special occasions or bossing it at the office.
Sleek and flattering, Etta is shaped with darts at the bust, waist and shoulders, closing with an invisible zip at the back, with a kick pleat so you can strut your stuff with ease. Choose from lined cap sleeves or darted three-quarter sleeves, high back or V-back neckline, with optional collar and faux pocket flaps.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Etta includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SIZE - 6 - 20
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight, non-drapey fabrics, preferably with stretch for comfort. Try stretch woven cotton, sateen, triple crepe, crepe-back satin, ponte di roma or jacquard knits. The cap sleeve version would also work nicely in brocade.
- Fabric - see pattern for quantities
- Matching thread
- 0.6m (3/4 yard) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 56cm (22in) invisible zip
- Hook and eye
- Cap sleeve version: 1.2m (1 3/8 yards) x 10-13mm (3/8–½in) single fold bias binding
- Optional: 2 x 1-2cm (½–¾in) buttons for faux pockets
- Sewing machine and tools, incl invisible zip foot