Rosa has a lovely, semi-fitted shape thanks to gently curved princess seams on both front and back. Our favourite feature is the pointed back yoke, which looks stunning highlighted with decorative topstitching or piping.
You'll learn to construct a two-piece collar and stand, with a separate button stand facing so you can make a feature out of contrast fabric. The three-quarter length roll-up sleeves are held up with narrow button tabs. (Want to make it long sleeved with cuffs? Download the free bonus pattern!) It's finished with mock felled seams, a gently curved dipped hem, and optional pointed pockets.
SIZE - UK 6-20
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium and light weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, needle cord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose & shirting.
- Fabric - see pattern for quantities
- Matching thread
- 10 - 13mm buttons x 10 for shirt or 12 for shirt dress
- Iron on interfacing in weight to suit chosen fabric
- Optional: 2 x contracting top stitching thread
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)
MODEL SIZE - Rosabella wears size 3 (UK 10)