SEW AN EASY PINAFORE OR DUNGAREE DRESS!
One of our most popular patterns, Cleo is easy to make and oh so comfortable to wear. Make it dungaree-style with buckles or as a pinafore with buttons, with mini- or knee-length hem, optional centre-front split, choice of patch pockets and contrast topstitching. Wear Cleo year-round, over a Breton top in the summer or with a roll neck and snuggly tights in winter. Flattering on different shapes, once you try it, you'll wonder how you lived without a dungaree dress!
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Cleo dungaree dress, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
SIZE - 6 - 20
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Heavy or medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape, such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas, wool.
- Fabric - see pattern for quantities
- Matching thread
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 2 (1¼ - 1½in) x 30-35mm wide dungaree buckles OR 2 x 15-20mm (5/8-3/4in) buttons and buttonhole foot for your sewing machine
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools